Print this Page

About Us

Harold Macon Ratcliffe Elementary School, located in the Fairfield District, was built in 1955 during the time of racial segregation. H. M. Ratcliffe was not an integrated school when it opened. It was named after the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Henrico County at that time. Ratcliffe School was built to replace the old Fairfield Elementary School and to relieve overcrowding at Glen Lea Elementary. When it opened, Ratcliffe contained grades one through seven. Since the Fall of 1973, students in grades kindergarten through fifth have attended the school.

Permanent link to this article: https://ratcliffe.henricoschools.us/about-us/